Monday, June 25, 2018

Repentance and a New Heart

God's Promises for the backsliding
Jeremiah 3:22a
“Return, you backsliding children, And I will heal your backslidings.”...
Hosea 14:4
I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, For My anger has turned away from him.

It's God's will for us to repent
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The Gift of Repentance
Acts 5:30-31 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

God's goodness leads to repentance
Romans 2:4
Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
Luke 15:17 But when he [the prodigal son] came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

Godly sorrow leads to repentance
2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted...

Prayers of Repentance
Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 51:10-13 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You.
Isaiah 6:5 So I said:  “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.”
Hosea 14:2-3 Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips. Assyria shall not save us, we will not ride on horses, nor will we say anymore to the work of our hands, ‘You are our gods.’ For in You the fatherless finds mercy.”

The Gift of a New Heart
Ezekiel 36:24-28 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.
Ezekiel 11:19
Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh
Jeremiah 24:7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

A Heart Filled With Love
Romans 5:5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.

Enmity Against Sin
Genesis 3:15
 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.
Psalms 119:128 Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.

Relevant music playlists on Youtube
Forgiveness and Repentance
Hymns About The Gospel
Forgiveness, Repentance, & Salvation (Bluegrass)
Songs about the gospel (bluegrass)

No comments:

Post a Comment