Monday, February 15, 2021

What keeping your eyes on Jesus looks like

 Who is the bible all about?
John 5:39
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

Why pray for God's Spirit before studying the bible?
1 Corinthians 2:13-14 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Who does the Holy Spirit glorify?
John 16:14 He will glorify Me [Jesus], for He will take of what is Mine [of Jesus] and declare it to you.

What happens when Jesus is lifted up?
John 12:32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.

What happens when you stay your mind on Jesus by faith?
Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

You are to live by faith in what Jesus did for you, what did He do?
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

What dies when our lives are hidden in Christ?
Colossians 3:2, 5
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God... Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

How does Jesus teach us to live?
Ephesians 4:21-24 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

What happens as we behold the glory of Jesus?
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord

Setting the Lord always before you keeps what from happening?
Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

 Jesus' Invitation: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30  

 

Also see how to be drawn to Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment