Sunday, November 4, 2018

Conditions to Receiving The Holy Spirit

A yearning for God
(“whoever thirsts” John 7:37)

Trust in God 
(“he who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said” John 7:38)

Complete surrender as a result of trusting God 
(placing your whole life at God’s disposal, "as a living sacrifice" Rom. 12:1)

Following God in everything 
(“those who obey Him” Acts 5:32)

Give up their own way, go God’s way and do this according to God’s will 
(“repent and be baptized” Acts 2:38)

Not to plan anything wrong 
(“if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear” Ps.66:18)

Realize and admit to your great need 
(“I have nothing” Luke 11:6)

Continually ask for the Holy Spirit
("ask.. seek.. knock" Luke 11:9-13)

We can pray: “Lord Jesus, I completely say yes to all the prerequisites for receiving the Holy Spirit. I sincerely ask that you now – for today – fulfill them in me. Thank you for Jesus’ urgent invitation to ask for the Holy Spirit. I am sorry for the losses I have experienced because of a lack of the Holy Spirit. I need divine assistance so that Jesus can become greater in me. I need His help in every area of my life. Thank you that the Holy Spirit can change my character and can make me fit for God’s kingdom. I completely surrender myself to you with all that I am and have. Thank you for accepting me and giving me your blessings. Help me to grow in knowledge about the Holy Spirit. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment